Flying makes me anxious, the pure thought of it - I hadn't slept properly the entire week, waking to sweats of nervousness. It's 11 hours to Hanoi from London Gatwick via an airline I hadn't heard of - Vietnam Airlines. Settling on board I was comforted by the fact that it's part of the Star Alliance (phew, Air France I had heard of).
It's amazing what you experience across an 11-hour flight. One seat, little leg room, restricted food, dehydration, lack of sleep and a mixture of movies you'd most often avoid - then there's the emotion, and so there's nothing like travelling alone. Waiting at the departure gate excitement ran through my blood; settling into position I a intrigued of my onward journey; taking off and reality hits - I am on holiday - YES, relaxation. Then comes the little tipsy moment after a few too many Bloody Marys, laughter at films; then as you now confidently try to snuggle to sleep in an upright position, the plane jolts.
Suddenly, in the pitch black surrounded by a cargo of people, I am all alone. Scared. Family, friends and loved ones flash through my mind. No-one to hold. No-one to hold me - the tears roll, hugging the blanket tight I squeeze my eyes shut begging for sleep. The plane soothes, relief eases my muscles - fear, so far away from home, so far away from anyone I know....
[Continue the journey Far East in Vietnam...]
Take yourself on a journey to new places; explore other cultures; food; places, people - Find out what's gay - and what's not! Uncover the articles, video and photos on this blog by Ryan C Haynes
Destinations
- Home - Gay Guy
- Gay Guy Guides
- Gay Guy Argentina
- Gay Guy Asia
- Gay Guy Cuba
- Gay Guy - Cambodia
- Gay Guy - China
- Gay Guy Europe
- Gay Guy Florida
- Gay Guy - France
- Gay Guy - India
- Gay Guy New York (NYC)
- Gay Guy Portugal
- Gay Guy - Sweden
- Gay Guy - Vietnam
- Gay Guy Friends
- Travel Industry Insight
- The Way I Travel
- Random Gay Travel Thoughts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Love to hear your thoughts and rambles. Constructive discussion on Honest Omissions.