WARNING – It’s a drag bar people. It has men with
penis miming to really camp songs while wearing incredibly tight fitting or
revealing women’s clothing while trying to emanate a famous signing diva. Glamorous.
Exactly what this place is; rock up to the joint and
your suddenly surrounded by grand chandeliers, ruby red back drop curtains and
a deep burlesque shine. Glamorous ladies waltz the room taking orders; ribbing
the diners and poking fun at their comments. Cocktails whirled around the room
relaxing the crowd in preparation for the evenings programme.
Music gently filled the room, the sounds of Motown
filled my ears and head started to sing, the straw remained in my mouth as I
sucked up my influencing cocktail. My lips began to move, my feet started to
twitch and before I knew it – I was up and I was Ms Diana Ross. She filled the
room all eyes darting in her direction her arms began to flail and cheers rose
from the crowd 3 minutes later Diana was gone – but footage survived!
The performance would be as you would expect from a
restaurant cabaret theatre with drag queens lip-synching to divas – incredible.
The outfits, the looks, the songs, the show; a laugh out loud sing-a-long gay
fest! Get down there!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Love to hear your thoughts and rambles. Constructive discussion on Honest Omissions.