Wednesday, 6 February 2013

Same same but different - UK marks gay marriage

I just cannot believe it - seriously! Learning the Uk parliament of the House of Commons passed gay marriage in such a landslide simply demonstrates how far we have come in my lifetime.

The last conservative government (ok so yes we are in a coalition right now) but either way they brought the gay movement nearly to its knees with the Aids campaigns and the Section 28 that prevented, pretty much, any mention of homosexuality in schools!

Yet today I learn that in very few areas I have become an equal. It'd be nice to be able to give blood! But also to know that many friends and acquaintance can now get married of their choosing makes me very happy.

Yes - it is brilliant to be different, but we all need the same treatment.

With love, unity, freedom and equality

Ryan x