Wednesday, 30 May 2012

Taking a flight East - comfort in Singapore?

Returning to Asia for my second trip to Ho Chi Minh City/Saigon for a journey through the Mykong Delta and then onwards to Cambodia for Siem Reap and Angkor Wat I considered the carefully the airline to take.

Unfortunately the direct route with Vietnam Airlines was fully booked for the limited flights they offer weekly, so no easy journey to the Vietnamese city. Instead I had to consider other options, with the cheapest at the time being little less than £650 return the choice of airline was a gamble for one I had never heard of. However so many of my friends and Facebook yelped at how amazing Singapore Airlines is - looking through Wunderlust magazine and some other websites for airline ratings Singapore was certainly coming up trumps, for a simple £100 more will I be guaranteed an excellent flight?

The truth is to be experienced later today, to see if what everyone is right and Singapore is an airline of choice. Off to Ho Chi Minh City via Singapore...